Patrick Circle Jerkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuan

Zuan

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy. Empty
PostSubject: Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.   Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Actually pretty nice and informative interview.
Has Zuan's stamp of aproval.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_185/5668-Storming-the-Fortress

Also this:

A new Payload map is in the works, more community maps are on the way and the team will soon unveil a very different new game mode.

Which makes me giggle with glee.

And this:

Additionally, the team is juggling a number of side projects at the moment, including finally bringing a year's worth of the downloadable content and upgrades to the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Which is actually pretty old but still nice to hear I guess.

The whole third page is also pretty interesting to hear, about the spies disguise and the sentry.
I dont really like the idea for a new class though. D=
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zuanxatu
angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.   Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:56 pm

I think that another class would be great if they handled it right. I know a lot of people are concerned about balance issues, but if they can balance nine classes I think they can handle ten.

Regarding the spy and sentry changes, I more or less agree that the current system could use some improvement. Though I have to say that it's great to have enemies blasted with your level 3 sentry, it's a pity that the sentry is defenseless once you leave it and a spy/ demo finds it. I think the disguises are pretty fun to use if it works right, but so many things can go wrong, that it's become obsolete to all but the most lucky and skilled players.

I've always thought that a melee dependant class would be awesome. He could be a rennisance(?) nerd that wears heavy armor and can parry attacks, or maybe a ninja or samurai to satisfy the weeaboos and even out the racial demograpics. I've also thought that an Indiana Jones rip-off would be hilarious/badass. He could be the Hero, and carry around a grappling crossbow for manueverability; also, his melee weapon could be a pistol. He could pistol-whip people, and only use it for ranged attacks during the taunt. It would work like the Heavy's taunt, but it would only kill if an enemy nearby is taunting. (Remember that scene where Jones shot the swordfighter?)
Back to top Go down
olbritishchap

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.   Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Hopefully an alpine payload map, wonder what the new game mode will be o.0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.   Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice Team Fortress 2 interview with dat Robin Walker guy.
Page 1 of 1