Patrick Circle Jerkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My E-mail to Robin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_19
Admin
Mr_19

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-01-07

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:39 am

I have been a long time dedicated "FAN" of Team Fortress 2 and loved everything about it. However, when you guys released this scout update it, how nerdy, broke my heart. You released a weapon the team fortress team said they'd never release, a stun weapon, and you flat our nerfed one of the most buggy classes in the game. The sandman aside you took a hatchet to the skill level of spy! Basic back stabs from directly behind work wonderfully like I always dreamed of. But sadly, any stab that Isn't point blank or at and odd angel are completely gone. These where not "exploits" as the users on the steam "fanboyums" called them. These where legitimet stabs to the character model's back which are now gone. I have stabed slow moving heavies to only have them take 30-40 damage instead followed up with turning around and killing me. I'd gladly show video proof showing I did hit the back, that is if you even read this. Now I know ESG has probly E-mailed you on this topic but I need personall closure, also I never liked ESG. Stabs that involved alot more skill then any other classes are now gone or near impossible to pull off. 300 hours of spy wasted. We should not be punished because players let us jump over them and stab them in the back. With this new update Scout got an immunity to hitscan weapons and the sniper can now put his back to a wall and be immune to back stabs. What will the spy update be like? Hitscan gun that stuns enimies and makes the spy immune to Pyro's fire or "spyanide" that lets hi mjust end it before he has to walk out into this mess of a game.

~19

P.S. Why do you punish people who use achievment unlockers? You make long deseried weapons that take ages to finally come out, tease us with them, and then make us run through hoops before even being able to smell these hot new items. I had my items taken away for unlocking only the milestones so I can get the weapons AND enjoy getting achievements with out farmining them. It feels so much more fun to simply enjoy earning achievements and not worry about getting the new items that, if you look at medic, are sometimes manditory to being a good player and aren't side grades at all.

Sorry but one more thing, no meet the video? really? Not even a meet the bonk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thisforumyoufaggot.communist
tylergotch

tylergotch

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-25

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 am

My E-mail to Robin Outrage

I thought this update was the worst one Valve's done so far.

First off, they devoted the update to Scouts. That's already a black mark against them in my book.
Next, they didn't include a Meet the... video, which was the thing I was waiting the most for.
Last, I hate the living crap out of the Sandman and its bastard stun ball. 3 strikes, fail update.

And for those of you who don't know, I absolutely loathe Spies, but even I can agree that this patch screwed them. Since the last patch, I haven't had to worry about Spies really at all because of how hard it is for them to backstab me. I think that the Spy should get sidestabs back, and I should shoot myself for saying it.
Back to top Go down
Brodie

Brodie

Number of posts : 92

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 pm

I'll get my revenge... *disguises as gabe newell*
Back to top Go down
Mr_19
Admin
Mr_19

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 pm

robin@valvesoftware.com This is his E-mail address FYI
Back to top Go down
Greg

Greg

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-03

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 pm

If you haven't already sent that, I would suggest spell checking it first. As a pretentious bastard, I know that correctly spelled messages have much more of an impact than one riddled with errors. Also, sending a message by snail-mail is about 5 times as effective as by email. (I know I sound like a jerk, but I'm not trying to.)
Back to top Go down
Brodie

Brodie

Number of posts : 92

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

To whom it may concern:

I am Agent 86: Brodie; the leader of the Agents of CONTROL. My colleagues and I have been really dissatisfied with the new Spy downgrade. It was hard enough to sneak around and get a backstab on an unsuspecting foe, especially since disguises don't fool anyone now not even with the added disguise weapon feature. But now it is nearly impossible for me to stab a wall-hugging sniper. Now normally I could sacrifice that but I was playing today and I came behind a heavy straight on and swung and missed twice in a row and I know it wasn't lag or ping issues, because he lost some health but it didn't register as a backstab. The removal of sidestabs has lost all the fun for me in the game. I understand you want to release updates and all, but why would you purposely nerf just one class (spy) while simultaneously buffing another (scout.) I also understand that if you were to revert back to sidestabs people might criticize you for making a mistake or goof, but isn't it about the overall quality of the game? The people who complained about the sidestabs are the ones who don't play spy or don't even want to take the extra effort to watch their backs more carefully. Honestly I think it makes more sense to have sidestabs more likely to insta-kill than face stabs any kid can run up and get a lucky facestab just before they get gunned down. What appealed to me about the spy was that it was a class that needed to be controlled well and carefully, but when you perfectly coordinate an attack and see your backstab fail if you don't get it exactly on mark. How many people that playtested even have over 50 hrs playing as a spy? 20hrs? I am grateful for the valve team creating such a fun and exciting game, but its our game too in a way. I am starting to suspect you have KAOS Agents on your team (get the reference?) I hope you take this into consideration and either revert back to sidestabs or atleast make a compromise.

Sincerely,

Brodie *Chief of CONTROL*

----------------------------

Professionalism +5 points
Back to top Go down
Mr_19
Admin
Mr_19

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:09 pm

haha nice job their brodie.
Back to top Go down
sev the fucking viking

sev the fucking viking

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-10

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:01 pm

sentryguns do +70% dmg to scouts, now lets do CTF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My E-mail to Robin Empty
PostSubject: Re: My E-mail to Robin   My E-mail to Robin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My E-mail to Robin
Page 1 of 1