Patrick Circle Jerkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware

Go down 
2 posters

Does your computer suck hard?
Yes
LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_lcap36%LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
NO
LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_lcap21%LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Whats a computer I run tf2 on an atari hooked up to a typewriter.
LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_lcap43%LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
LemonHead

LemonHead

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-01-09

LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Empty
PostSubject: LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware   LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Okay a brief introduction feel free to skip. I have a real shitty computer: Pentium D, 1gb of ram, 5 year old graphics card, Vista Home Premium. I decided to make a guide for other unfortunate souls with equally bad hardware (hopefully not worse). I will later post a Vista Customizing Thread for those even more unfortunate souls who don't have xp. Also be prepared for the game to look absolutely horrible but in return you get sweet precious fps.

First Lets make our autoconfig file. Open textedit go to save as, name it autoexec.cfg and IMPORTANT change the save type to "all files". Save it to this directory not case sensitive so look it up on your own
C:/Program Files/Steam/steam apps/"YOUR STEAM ID NAME"/team fortress 2/tf/cfg
after that open it up and paste the following inside DONT PUT THE QUOTES DUMMY
"mat_dxlevel 80
mat_monitorgamma 1.9"
I put the screen brightness to the lowest it can go you can take the line out if you want it at game default.
If you think your hardware can handle it you can put dx to 81. (post stuff you lose out on lower dxlevel here)

Next open steam up and go to the games tab. Right-click on Team Fortress 2 and go to properties, click "Set launch options and paste the following inside (not the quotes dummy again)
"-fullscreen[OR "windowed" for window mode] -novid -w [YOUR SCREEN or WINDOW WIDTH) -h [YOUR SCREEN or WINDOW HEIGHT]"
press ok dummy head. Now you can launch tf2.

Inside of tf2 go to options, video option tab, advanced options, and set everything to lowest value,(of course you can choose what you want higher but I put everything to the lowest value except the Filtering mode.) HIt of Duh wait for it to reload your settings.

Well that is it that wasn't so hard was it stupid, now that feel bad you weren't smart enough to do it yourself cause I'm just way smarter, cooler, handsomer, and a better spellerer-er.

Also DONT BE DUMB dont use [ ] parentheses or " " quotes in the configuration stuff. Yeah I'm looking at you stupid.

Also also, some might think "My computer is good I don't need this" but imagine how many fps you could squeeze out runing it at such low settings. you could get like 200fps, and friends.
Back to top Go down
Nô_ôdels

Nô_ôdels

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-01-09

LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware   LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:48 am

LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware Friends-demotivational-poster-1209905617
Back to top Go down

LemonHead's Super Awesome TF2 tweaking guide for Shitty Hardware
Page 1 of 1