Patrick Circle Jerkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The party van came...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

The party van came... Empty
PostSubject: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:48 pm

I have a friend who's been arrested for second-degree assault on a minor. It's a class B felony, but I hear that he might be able to get it to a class C. Given that we live in the state of Washington, are there any e-lawyers that can tell me what kind of punishment he's looking at? The internet hasn't been helpful so far.

Deets upon request. (Keep in mind annything else would be hearsay for me, what I've posted are the hard facts.)
Back to top Go down
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 am

Felonies: Generally speaking, a felony is a crime for which the sentence may be more than one year in prison. In the state of Washington, there are three classes of felonies: Class A (maximum penalty of life in prison and $50,000 fine), Class B (maximum penalty 10 years in prison and $20,000 fine), and Class C (maximum penalty 5 years in prison and $10,000 fine). Sentencing in felony cases is governed by the Sentence Reform Act of 1981, which established determinate sentencing based on the seriousness level of the offense (levels I – XVI; level I being the least serious) and the defendant’s “offender score.” The offender score is determined by looking at the number and type of prior convictions. To view the felony sentencing grids, go to the Washington Sentencing Guidelines Commission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.protomen.com/
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

PostSubject: Re: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 am

I am beginning to study law but I don't know too much. If he has no past record of crime he may get off easy but I don't want to falsely raise your hopes like I said I don't know much. I am hoping my above post helps you though.
Back to top Go down
angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 am

http://www.sgc.wa.gov/PUBS/Adult_Manual/Manual_2008_Section_1.pdf

According to this, standard sentencing for RCW 9A.36.130 is 31-41 months. He hasn't had problems with the law before to my knowlege, so I don't think it could be more than that. Huh, that would be 3 years +/- 5 months.

He could get convicted with RCW 9A.36.140 instead, which would be 1 to 3 months.

So as a felon, he would lose voting and other rights in Washington, right?
Back to top Go down
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

PostSubject: Re: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:58 am

I am not sure exactly how Washington does it but generally yes he will lose his right to vote and some other rights. Depending on what class and level of offense he is tried for it is possible he will be allowed to appeal for them after his sentence. I would find out exactly except that I am bedridden at the moment and going to pass out know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The party van came...   The party van came... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The party van came...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Patrick Circle Jerkers :: Discussions :: General Discussions.-
Jump to: