Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhino &a

PostSubject: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 am

The E.inc guys will all know my failed attempt at creating a map for that clan. I wasn't really motivated so that's probably the reason I failed.
That's why, this time, I'm taking an even more ambitious project ( ), but also taking some more things into account before I create the map. Last time, I just went on creating without having a single sketch of the map. This time, I'm asking you guys to say what you think of the sketch and add your ideas.
BEWARE! I'M NO PROFESSIONAL MAPPER, I HAVEN'T GOT MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH TF2 MAPS. THIS MAP MIGHT NOT BE WHAT YOU WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE.
I think I might be able to get the graphical quality of King of the train in my map, so it wont be too ugly either. Here's the sketch:

Some information: A circle with a number in it is a cap point for the cart. There are three, as you can see.
A + means there is a higher level, 0 means basic level, - means underground. Every + and - also has a 0. This might be a bit confusing though. But I can't draw in 3d, unfortunately.
The -------- line is the way the cart goes. I guess what the cart is is clear.
The cart goes in a circle, an brilliant idea of MR_19, since we are the CIRCLE jerkers.
The area that has multiple lines is inaccessible.
I also think of making the wall between begin and end see-through. This way you actually know you're going in a circle.
At the end, there's supposed to be an explosion and a custom sound. Let's see if I can get that to work.
TP1E is Teleporter 1 Entrance, TP2E is Teleporter 2 entrance, TP1O and TP2O are the exits. These teleporters get the red team to where they want to be (e.g. when the cart has passed point 3, red team could take TP2. But be aware, there is no way back unless to walk back.
As you can see, BS (blu spawn) has two exits, this way the blue team can reach points 2 and 3 easier (I believe 2 is one of the easiest to cap for the moment), and flank RED team out on point one. This also makes the spy more useful, as well as the scout (he can run through and jump on all kinds of stuff while shooting the damn heavy that's irritating the blu people pushing the cart.
3 is a choke point, so it is the hardest one to cap. Although, this leaves almost no room for sentries, and there is also a way around for spies. Beware for pyro's!
That's pretty much it, I believe. If anything isn't clear, just ask. And remember to give suggestions!

PS I forgot to login, this is actually the Rhino
Back to top Go down
angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I think a bit of irregular terrain and obstacles for cover might help. I don't think it would be very fun if RED snipers ended up being the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_19
Admin

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:27 pm

well what I plan to do is let him build a simple beginning to the map the way he has now they I'll go through it looking for appropriate barricades and hallways and any changes needed for balance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thisforumyoufaggot.communist
angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Okay, how about an underground/ overpass detour for the defending team to flank?

No idea if these are helping out or not... I think it would be easier to judge it if we got more sense of the scale and such.

P.S. Is there any way to make the final explosion look/ sound like an orgasm? The explodey effects could be white or something, maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_19
Admin

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:41 pm

not sure exactly but when we get there we'll see. this week end I plan to work with the in depth with rhino....if hes online...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thisforumyoufaggot.communist
Brodie

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 pm

have you tried google sketchup? you can make a pretty good 3D model really fast of your ideas and post screens etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhino

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:39 am

angrywhiteguy wrote:
Okay, how about an underground/ overpass detour for the defending team to flank?

No idea if these are helping out or not... I think it would be easier to judge it if we got more sense of the scale and such.

P.S. Is there any way to make the final explosion look/ sound like an orgasm? The explodey effects could be white or something, maybe?
That sounds pretty cool, especially the overpass. I think it has to be pretty cool for example if you're walking over all these fighting guys or something. What about making a glass floor there? Or windows? Or should we make it like that so the blu team can't see the red team?
Anyway, I don't know if the orgasm is possible^^
I think I might create a first alpha stage of the map, just to see if the basic structures are alright. When I have time, I'll get right on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhino

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Arena_Trainstation Alpha 1   Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:41 am

By the way, this is one of the first maps I started working on for TF2, about 3/4 year ago (I changed it to arena after heavy update), I think. It just needs some more props and textures, but I uploaded it so you could try out if it works. I think for testing an arena_ map, there need to be two people, and since I can't make a server (Behind a Router), it would be nice if someone would test it out with me. Thanks!

So here is the link for the Arena_trainstation alpha 1 map:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=abf8c7ff74a4a0d8b94117dade8fc295e04e75f6e8ebb871
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!   

Back to top Go down

PCJ PL MAP! OMGWTFBBQ?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Patrick Circle Jerkers :: Discussions :: Clan-Related Discussions.-
Jump to: