Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
angrywhiteguy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:30 pm

I'll just leave this here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xexes

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Only this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrs_19

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:55 am

I lol'd at both images
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brodie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Since when did we start electing presidents wtf ARE presidents!?! Things aren't like they were when FDR ran things Ill tell you h'what
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nô_ôdels

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am

holy shit he's black?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angrywhiteguy

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Man, I just can't get over the fact that we have a new president now. Not to mention that he's black. It feels like I took a time machine 20 years into the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sev the fucking viking

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:02 am

in my country we have king, it is me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:46 am

What I was going to write.

Quote :
I honestly hoped that with the election of an African-American president, the country would be, for the most part, past the point where people made black jokes. I guess I was a bit näive. I just don't understand why one race would be supreme over another, as opposed to true equality. To quote from George Orwell's Animal Farm, "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others." When I read the book, I thought it was a metaphor for the distant "threat" of Communism, and how it could not work in a real-world environment. I have since realized that many of our out dated beliefs that some are better than others is a very similar situation.

Note: I'll stop being a serious fag now.

What I ended up posting.

Eh. If Obama lives up to his promises, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angrywhiteguy

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Black jokes- like white jokes- are in my view harmless in and of themselves. It's the malicious intent that can be behind them that makes them harmful, likewise with the dreaded N-word. People think that these things can disappear if we become more tolerant and thoughtful of others, but what they don't realize is that they can be disarmed so much more easily if they stop overreacting. I only expect people to be less racist in the sense that now they can't say that a black man can't get ahead in life, whether because of defects percieved by others as inherent or because "white" society keeps them down. Racist fundies aren't going to be obligated to have any respect for Obama any more than non-retards were obligated to have respect for Bush.

I'm doing my part by being tactful in general and not giving a damn about whether others are politically incorrect on accident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:15 am

angrywhiteguy wrote:
I'm doing my part by being tactful in general and not giving a damn about whether others are politically incorrect on accident.

I'm doing your part better, by not giving a damn about anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?   

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts on the inauguration/ our new president?
Page 1 of 1