Patrick Circle Jerkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best circle jerk this side of Dustbowl!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fast Downloads! (Finally)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greg

Greg

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Fast Downloads! (Finally) Empty
PostSubject: Fast Downloads! (Finally)   Fast Downloads! (Finally) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:16 pm

LISTEN UP! READ THE RED TEXT FIRST!

Okay. There's no way to say this without sounding like an idiot. Remember when I said we had Fast Downloads? Well, it turns out we didn't, and they were really downloads from the PCJ server. But now we really /DO/ have Fast Downloads. To put it into perspective, it used to take 60 seconds to download ctf_steamroll from the server. Now it takes about 5 seconds.

So, much to 19's delight, all of the maps in the new map pack are available for fast download. NOTE: Only the ones in the new map pack are up. Any maps on the server that aren't in the pack are unusable now. When using fast downloads, if the map isn't on the web site, and if the user doesn't have the map, it's undownloadable. That means, if you have admin: DON'T SWITCH TO A MAP THAT ISN'T IN THE NEW MAP PACK. I can not stress that enough. If even you don't have the map, the only way to change the map and let people back on is through rcon.

Anyways, if you are really happy about this, then you aren't a PCJ member. What the hell were you doing without downloading the map pack for so long? Jerk. Wasting CPU time downloading them via the server. You make me sick. Anyways, if this is just a "so-so" thing for you, then you are a member. So, I spent over an hour getting this set up and uploading the files, but the only ones who will care are the ones who won't thank you. I must be crazy. If you don't really care, please thank me anyways, as I worked pretty darn hard on this.

As a side note: Yes, I really had nothing better to do on a Saturday night than to upload files, and write scripts.

Last edited by Greg on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NKB

PostSubject: Re: Fast Downloads! (Finally)   Fast Downloads! (Finally) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:32 pm

greg sappin' mah job
Back to top Go down
Mr_19
Admin
Mr_19

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fast Downloads! (Finally)   Fast Downloads! (Finally) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Well I'm glad I get to keep 4 dollars a month!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thisforumyoufaggot.communist
Greg

Greg

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Fast Downloads! (Finally)   Fast Downloads! (Finally) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 am

NKB wrote:
greg sappin' mah job

I'm just curious why I agreed to give a person I've never met free web hosting, for a group called the "Patrick Circle Jerkers". I mean, maybe if it was the "Elderly Nuns Who Fought to Defend Our Nation Retirement Fund" or something, it would make sense. But this is just crazy. I think it's something in the water.
Back to top Go down
Alondaar

Alondaar

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Fast Downloads! (Finally)   Fast Downloads! (Finally) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Only if you live in Mexico...
Back to top Go down
https://pcjclan.forumotion.com

Fast Downloads! (Finally)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Patrick Circle Jerkers :: Downloads :: Custom maps-
Jump to: